The Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum is a historic community gathering place for learning, sharing and celebrating located in Cincinnati’s oldest neighborhood, Columbia Tusculum.
A gift to the people of Cincinnati by Andrew Carnegie, The Carnegie Center was built in 1906 to the specifications of the noted architectural firm of Samuel Hannaford & Sons and served as a public library until 1959 when it was sold into private use.
In 1993, a group of Columbia Tusculum residents set out to return the building to the community. Their efforts, supported by the City of Cincinnati, neighborhood organizations, as well as numerous foundations and individuals, have resulted in the opening of The Carnegie Center. The Center is a community oriented, non-profit facility offering meeting and event space for cultural enrichment, social interaction, and civic participation for the people of Columbia Tusculum and Greater Cincinnati.