Please Note: This event has expired.
Truth & Healing Artist Showcase | Digital Showcase Celebration, sponsored by Orange Barrel Media
ArtsWave is pleased to present the third annual showcase of new works by 18 of the region’s leading Black and Brown artists.
Join us on Friday, July 14 for a Digital Showcase Celebration of the 2023 Truth & Healing Artist Showcase. Put on your walking shoes and experience 12 digital signs with unique art from artists in the Truth & Healing Artist Showcase!
Your journey begins at Central Parkway and Eggleston Avenue, near the Hard Rock Casino. Park your car at the Hard Rock, and continue on to the first stop. Follow the walking path on the map below through Over-the-Rhine and the Central Business District and stop at each of the digital billboards and ground-level digital kiosks to marvel at the artwork of the following artists and projects:
- Michael Thompson, “Murmurations”
- Brent Billingsley, “I’m Still Listening”
- Asha Ama, “AGAPE”
- Pablo Mejia, “Lejanía”
- Rowan Salem, “Viewpoints Embodied: Middle Eastern Voices in Cincinnati”
- Silas Tibbs, “Attrition”
- Rebecca Nava Soto, “TLACUĀ PAHTIĀ”
- Michael Coppage, “12 Commandments”
- Chenelle Jones, “Yemaya: Sista to the Distant, Yet Rising Star”
- Daniel Noel, “Nomad”
- K.A. Simpson, “FLIPd: Cincinnati, Ohio’s Historic Places and Spaces told through African American Stories”
- Dr. Jason C. White, “Keep the Faith: A Community Musical”
- Preston Bell Charles III, “Divided Roots, Seeing is Believing”
- Desirae Hosley, “Social Thearapy: Are We Healing?”
- Gabriel Martinez Rubio, “Pato y Muerte”
- Julia O. Bianco, “Togetherness”
- Deqah Hussein-Wetzel, “Urban Renewal Means Negro Removal”
- Alan Lawson, “Legacy”
Learn more about each artist and their projects here.
ArtsWave’s Black and Brown Artist Program supports Black and Brown artists in the Cincinnati region who interpret the themes of our times. It is one way that ArtsWave works to increase the sustainability of organizations and artists that focus on the preservation and advancement of Black arts and culture. ArtsWave’s partnership with the City of Cincinnati, Duke Energy, Macy’s, the Greater Cincinnati Foundation, Fifth Third Bank and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center make the program possible.
Special thanks to our partners, Orange Barrel Media, for lending us their canvases, and to Hard Rock Cincinnati for sponsoring free parking!