What the Constitution Means to Me
A centuries-old document gets new life in this hilarious and hopeful debate of American identity and freedom by Pulitzer Prize finalist Heidi Schreck.
Fifteen-year-old Heidi earned her college tuition by winning constitutional debate competitions across the United States. In this hilarious, hopeful, and achingly human new play, she embodies her teenage self in order to trace the founding document’s profound impact on not just her own life, but the past four generations of women in her family, starting with the first to set foot in America: a mail-order bride. A Pulitzer Prize finalist and Tony Award nominee, this boundary-breaking play breathes new life into our Constitution and imagines how it will shape the next generation of Americans.
What the Constitution Means to Me. By Heidi Schreck. Sept. 9–Oct. 1, 2023.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Sep 22, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Sep 23, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Sep 23, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Sep 24, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sun)
- Sep 26, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Tue)
- Sep 27, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Wed)
- Sep 28, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Sep 29, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Sep 30, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Sep 30, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Oct 1, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
Meet the Artists (post-show): Thursday, September 21 at 7:30 pm | Sunday, September 24 at 2:00 pm
ETC Essentials (pre-show): Sunday, September 24 at 1:00 pm. Registration required.
What's Nearby - Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati
FILTER MAP BY
|FILTER MAP BY|
Surface lot and Gateway Garage, both at the corner of 12th and Vine Streets. Parking also available at the Washington Park Garage and Mercer Commons Garage.