Lori Larusso: Precarious Panoply
Repast (painting detail from Precarious Panoply installation), 2022
See how Lori Larusso sees our relationships with animals at Weston Art Gallery.
In her painting installation, Precarious Panoply, Larusso (Louisville, KY) explores humans’ paradoxical relationships with the animals that exist closest to us. From pets to synanthropes (non-domesticated animals that thrive alongside humans and our built environments), Larusso’s work highlights the tenuous line between attraction and revulsion that shapes our relationship to the different species of animals in our lives.
See her exhibition, Precarious Panoply, June 17 through August 28 at the Weston Art Gallery and join our Gallery Talk with the artist on Wednesday, June 29 at 7pm.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Aug 17, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Wed)
- Aug 18, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Thu)
- Aug 19, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Fri)
- Aug 20, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Sat)
- Aug 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Sun)
- Aug 23, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Tue)
- Aug 24, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Wed)
- Aug 25, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Thu)
- Aug 26, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Fri)
- Aug 27, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Sat)
- Aug 28, 2022 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
Open late on Procter & Gamble Hall performance evenings at the Aronoff Center for the Arts.
650 Walnut Street (corner of Seventh and Walnut streets), Cincinnati, OH 45202
What's Nearby - Alice F. and Harris K. Weston Art Gallery
FILTER MAP BY
|FILTER MAP BY|
The Weston Art Gallery is situated in the urban core of downtown Cincinnati. With more than 6,000 parking spaces within a two-block radius, there are a variety of parking options for patrons. On the street blocks of Sixth St., Walnut St., and Seventh St. there are several independent valet operators just footsteps from the Weston Art Gallery entrance. Valet stations are located adjacent to Nada Restaurant, Nicholson’s Gastropub, and Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse.