Mindful Music Moments is an innovative school program that provides a Tier 1 PBIS intervention for all. Combining mindfulness and classical music, MMM is played over the announcements daily in 40+ Cincinnati-area schools and beyond. MMM works in partnership with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, the Cincinnati Opera and other organizations to create a yearly playlist.
Our fast-growing list of participating primary, elementary, middle and high schools enjoy:
- Ease of implementation with a fully turnkey, web-based program.
- Average of 4 minutes per audio recording makes a powerful, impact ritual without sacrificing academic time. (Here is a Day 1 sample recording for Fanfare for the Common Man. Days 2-5 each week are shorter.)
- Combination of mindfulness and music education with extraordinary arts partners.
- Fast results in shifting school culture and the morning routine to a more calm, focused and balanced start to the school day.
- Teachers are able to enjoy their own Mindful Music Moment along with their students.
- Character Strength tie-ins, fun fact and prompts for each week of music.
- Materials are available to teachers for repetition later in the day if they choose.
- Inclusion of training for the entire staff on the science of brain development and the deep effectiveness of mindfulness and music listening.
- Communication to parents who opt in on how they can repeat the program at home.
For information, contact founder Stacy Sims at email@example.com.